ABOUT THE BLUE DRAGON EGG COMPETITION
Blue Dragon Egg to compete
Every Rubik’s Cube competitor will be given their own Blue Dragon Egg as a gift. They can sign up for the Blue Dragon Egg Competition at the Smart Egg booths on the first two days of the Rubik’s Cube Championship. Smart Egg competitors will use their own Blue Dragons to solve the Egg, practice speedsolving and compete.
Blue Dragon Egg competitors participate in the Qualification Round first. 12 competitors achieving the best times in speedsolving the Egg qualify for the Blue Dragon Egg Final.
- Qualification Round – form Day 1 to Day 3, closes 2 hours before Blue Dragon Egg Final
- Blue Dragon Egg Final – on Day 3 before the Rubik’s Cube Finals (information on exact timing at the Smart Egg booths on site)
(the procedure might be adjusted when necessary to actual circumstances on site)
- Speedsolving times only accepted when officially measured by the Smart Egg team.
- Number of attempts in Qualification Round:
- Day 1: max. 2 attempts
- Day 2: max. 2 attempts
- Day 3: max. 1 attempt
- Limitation per attempt: max. 90 seconds
- Result in Qualification Round: best speedsolving achieved by the competitor out of the attempts
- Qualification for Smart Egg Final: 12 competitors achieving the best times in the Qualification Round
- Competition in the Final: 3 attempts allowed for each finalist and the best time will be considered
The Champion wins the Trophy of the Blue Dragon Egg Competition: a beautiful “Washington” Art Egg, the puzzle that in 2012 won Grand Prix Award at the World Puzzle Championship in Washington.